Roland launches new standard in hybrid event switching
As the role of hybrid events becomes more critical, Roland - suppliers of audio-visual equipment - has launched the V160HD Streaming Video Switcher, raising the bar in AV presentation and delivery standards.
A portable design with a broadcast-style interface ideal for a single operator, the V160HD is packed with pro features. Combining robust hardware for flawless live productions, and the livestreaming capabilities found in computer-based systems, this powerful streaming video switcher delivers all the requirements for the in-person and streaming components of a live hybrid event, with the ability to tailor the content for each audience.
While streaming to any popular web platform via USB-C, live audiences will experience Full HD with comprehensive SDI and HDMI I/O. The V160HD also features an eight-layer video effects engine, a 40-channel digital audio mixer and integrated PTZ camera control, next-generation cue management, and live show automation features.
Presets, macros, and advanced sequencing features enable complex switching tasks to be set up and automated, and the detailed interface is simple for a single operator to learn. With integrated connectivity standards, costly infrastructure and conversion processes can be eliminated. Built-in scalers on four of the HDMI inputs let operators easily interface with third-party devices such as computers, tablets, smart phones, and gaming consoles.
Seven freely assignable outputs provide a high-end video matrix. Operators can simultaneously feed program displays, auxiliary monitors, multi-view product displays, and the online audience with a clean output for a recording feed.
Storing and recalling custom looks is uncomplicated. The 30 preset memories and powerful effects engine collaborate to provide seamless scene changes, while 100 macros enable complex actions including switching, DSK on/off, audio mixing adjustments, and PTZ camera movements. Users can set up and preview actions before going live using the free remote-control software for macOS, Windows, and iPad.
Roland V160HD Streaming Video Switcher features:
- portable hybrid event switcher with comprehensive features and connectivity
- eight 3G SDI inputs with frame rate converters
- eight 1080p HDMI inputs with frame rate converters, including four with real-time scalers
- seven total outputs across SDI, HDMI, and USB-C streaming
- seven selectable output modes: Program, Sub-Program, Aux, Preview, and three Multi-View options
- 40-channel digital audio mixer with effects and processing
- eight-layer video effects engine
- 16-slot still store function supports screen capture or uploaded BMP, JPEG, and PNG images via alpha channel in the internal non-volatile memory
- powerful live production automation with sequencing, macros, and preset memories
- PTZ control with support for multiple brands and mixed protocols running at once
- extensive device control with Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, and LAN
- remote control software available for iPad, macOS, and Windows
- wireless and wired camera tally support
- made in Japan / three-year warranty.
- Roland’s Pro AV division supplies the commercial and performance AV industries with application specific equipment for clubs/casinos, theatres/performing arts centres, rental and staging venues.
- RRP: AU$8,499
Roland’s Pro AV division supplies the commercial and performance AV industries with application specific equipment for clubs/casinos, theatres/performing arts centres, rental and staging venues. For stockist enquiries please visit Amber Technology
Amber Technology is one of Australia's largest and most respected distributors of high technology equipment solutions to the professional broadcast, film, recording, live production, residential and commercial installation and home entertainment markets.
19th March 2021 - 2021 Australian Tourism Exchange to return as hybrid event in June
18th March 2021 - VMA announces hybrid 2021 Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress program
17th December 2020 - TRENZ to return as hybrid event in 2021
10th December 2020 - World Leisure invites abstracts for ‘hybrid’ 16th Congress
19th November 2020 - Global Wellness Summit reveals the power of the hybrid conference
18th November 2020 - ATEC to deliver its annual Meeting Place program as a hybrid event in 2020
12th November 2020 - EEAA delivers hybrid event marking the return of in-person events for 2021
27th October 2020 - AIME partners with Delegate Connect to power hybrid online platform
10th March 2020 - Hybrid gym concept and new franchisees drive Stepz Fitness expansion