Head of Commercial
Apply your business development, commercial and marketing skillset to a high growth sponsorship valuation agency that is rapidly disrupting the global sport & entertainment industry. Clients include Formula 1, FIFA, World Rugby, the ICC, Arsenal, Manchester City & the All Blacks.
Work closely with senior leaders in the business to accelerate the agency’s growth trajectory.
Founded in 2018 and based in London, Turnstile is a high growth sponsorship valuation agency. We have developed a market leading approach to capturing and quantifying the value of global sponsorship deals. Our clients include the most progressive and forward-thinking rights holders, brands and investors operating in the global sport & entertainment industry. Our approach and innovative product set is being rapidly adopted across the industry and as a result we’re seeking an experienced commercial professional to help us accelerate our growth.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for harnessing existing client relationships and building new relationships to grow the revenue of the business.
Since Turnstile was created, we have experienced rapid growth year-on-year. During this time, we've tried and tested our products with many of the most forward-thinking brands and rights holders in the Sport & Entertainment industry. Every time the product has stood up to the challenge and received glowing feedback.
As such, we are now preparing our next phase of growth - to make Turnstile available to all rights holders and brands in the industry, no matter how big or small. Our vision is to make Turnstile the go to 'currency' for pricing global Sport & Entertainment sponsorship.
And that's where you come in! This role will be tasked with helping to drive that growth on a day-to-day basis. More specifically you will be tasked with:
• Owning the development of the go-to market strategy and plan
• Designing the systems and processes to ensure Turnstile’s Sales & Marketing approach is highly efficient, best practice and constantly evolving based on our learnings
• New lead generation
• Revenue forecasting
• Leading the preparation for and delivery of sales meetings
• Leading the delivery of engaging proposal documents
• Managing the sales and negotiation process
• Building trusted partner relationships with existing and prospective clients
• Identifying, developing and reporting against key KPIs
• Supporting the onboarding of new clients
• Management of Business Development resource
You will have a keen interest and passion for the Sport, Entertainment & Media industry and demonstrable appetite to drive growth and innovation.
More specifically you will:
• Have proven experience (7+ years) in growing revenues for an Agency/Consulting style business or a sport and entertainment Rights Holder
• Have a network within the Sport & Entertainment and/or Media industry ideally across both brands and rights holders
• Have a proven ability to diagnose issues and construct well thought through solutions
• Be highly experienced in business development
• Be hands on and willing to apply yourself to a wide variety of different tasks
• Be a dynamic, proactive self-starter
• Be disciplined in learning and following processes and techniques
• Possess a strong attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have strong organisational and planning skills
• Have well-developed teamwork & influencing skills, with demonstrated empathy and integrity
• A strategic mindset that enjoys problem solving
Above all, though, you embody Turnstile’s values of Empathy, Dynamism, Discipline and Integrity in your daily work.
Package and benefits
• Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
• Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
• Company pension plan
• Regular team social events
• Training & development budget to further skills
• Company rewards program that offers the two winning staff members with the trip of a lifetime each year to learn more about the sports industry and experience first hand the biggest events in the sporting calendar
Turnstile is part of the Tenka Group which is committed to environmental sustainability. As such, all Tenka Group companies off-set carbon emissions and invest 2% of profits annually into environmental programs.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV, cover letter, notice period and salary expectations should be addressed to Dan Gaunt, General Manager, at email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 7th August 2022