Event Operations Manager - Kai Tak Sports Park
Event Operations Manager - Kai Tak Sports Park
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Event Operations Manager is to be undertake and manage tasks and activities required to successfully achieve operational commencement of Kai Tak Sports Park. This will include providing support to the working groups and staff members at all levels of the organisation who will be actively involved in delivering all operational functions and outcomes to open the precinct and venues within it. The Event Operations Manager will provide direct assistance and support to the Project Manager – Operations for the Pre-Operations Stage deliverables.
• Using the outline Pre-Operations framework, stated requirements in the Employers Requirements, tender submission, and other plans and documents, develop and maintain a detailed work programme for the preparation of the Pre-Opening Plan and the deliverables during the Pre-Operations stage
• Support the working groups and/or team structure for the Pre-Operations Stage and for the preparation of the Pre-Opening Plan and its implementation
• Identify resource gaps and requirements to ensure the successful preparation and delivery of the Pre-Operations Stage
• Provide assistance to the Project Manager – Operations and/or members of the Senior Management Team to carry out regular reviews and updates to business plan
• Provide insight and advice to the pre-opening budget identified in the business plan and subject to approved delegated authority manage the cost of elements of the Pre-Opening Plan and/or pre-operational activities within budget
• Compliance with Policies, Processes and Procedures
• Develop and monitor a programme of work for the Pre-Operations Stage
• Collaborate with the design and build team to ensure that the operations programme key tasks and milestones are co-ordinated into the overall project master programme
• Implement systems for early identification of any issues in respect of quality or timeliness of the deliverables being produced during the Pre-Operations Stage
• Develop and maintain an issues register, risk register and other similar tools to track and monitor the status of the Pre-Operations Stage
• Develop, and support others to develop, Standard Operating Procedures particularly those associated with event and precinct management
• Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with stakeholders including KTSPL, Hong Kong SAR Government, operations partners, design and build team members, contractors and suppliers and other external parties as appropriate
• Provide monthly reports to the Steering Group and/or other meeting forums as required
• Bachelor degree in Project Management, Business Administration or Event Management related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in major sports, entertainment or multi-purpose venue, particularly major stadium
• Experience of complex project, particularly venue related
• Experience in previous major venue opening would be highly desirable
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
• Committed to good governance
• Passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
• Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong task management and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently, using initiative, creativity and flexibility
• Ability to meet hard deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
ABOUT THE VENUE
Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd. (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract for the design, build, construction and operation of the Kai Tak Sports Park.
With an area of around 28 hectares, Kai Tak Sports Park anchors the redevelopment of the former airport site, and offers a world class destination for all interests.
Once completed, Kai Tak Sports Park will be the most important sports infrastructure development in Hong Kong, and will help achieve three broad objectives - to promote sports in the community, to support elite sports and to make Hong Kong a hub for major international sports events.
Kai Tak Sports Park will provide venues for international competitions and large-scale sports events, quality public sports facilities, a leisure park, retail and dining outlets, and a wellness centre for the enjoyment of athletes and the general public. In addition to hosting a wide range of top-level sports events, Kai Tak Sports Park helps address the demand for venues to hold entertainment and other large scale community events.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ASM Global is the world's leading producer of entertainment experiences. It is the global leader in venue and event strategy and management - delivering locally tailored solutions and cutting-edge technologies to maximise the guest experience. The company's elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 350 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, performing arts venues, and convention and exhibition centres, including McCormick Place Chicago; Moscone Center San Francisco; ICC Sydney Australia; Olympia London; Shenzhen World China; and P&J Live in Aberdeen, U.K.
ASM Global has always had a bold vision to be a true employer of choice, great place to work and a company who provides long term careers and development opportunities.
Click here to apply.