APAC Midway Divisional Director
APAC Midway Divisional Director
Admin Building (at rear of Aquarium), 1-5 Wheat Road; Darling Harbour, Sydney, NSW, 2000
If you love creating magical memorable experiences in a fast-moving environment and want to lead a business that only exists to provide fun, then here is the opportunity of a lifetime!
We are looking for a collaborative, energetic Divisional Director to take responsibility for the APAC region, encompassing 9 countries and 34 'Midway' attractions. This role will set the strategic direction for the businesses in line with global and local Merlin objectives.
You will preferably be based in either Sydney, Singapore, or Shanghai yet any location across APAC will be considered for the right candidate.
If you’re curious about why you don’t see any senior roles advertised often, it’s because most people work their way up through the business and people don’t generally like to leave! This role is available after a recent internal career promotion.
The Role Headlines
The Divisional Director, Asia Pacific will create and drive the regions' short and long-term business plans. This is a senior leadership role and whilst the job description gives all the details, it’s safe to say you’ll be accountable for all angles of the business and financial performance across the region.
A few more details on the role:
- Define and implement the strategy to improve profitability and brand consistency within all commercial areas of the region
- Manage direct reports to deliver consistently against their respective priorities and areas of focus
- Deliver budgeted financial targets for the region ensuring proper cost and revenue control is exhibited throughout the financial year
- Closely monitor customer feedback and mystery shopper visits to ensure identified quality targets are met then ultimately exceeded
- Drive positive employee engagement in collaboration with the HR Director and people managers
- Full responsibility for ensuring the region is compliant with relevant licensing and health & safety legislation
- Ensure that the activities of marketing and operations are co-ordinated to maximum effect in pursuit of identified objectives, particularly in the field of brand integration
- Ensure compliance in all communications with chosen brand identities and propositions
- Ensure total co-ordination between global, national, and regional strategic activities
- Work with all other Divisional Directors to maximise geographical, cross promotional opportunities between operating divisions
As a part of the leadership team, this role acts as an ambassador of Merlin’s values. This leader will naturally have authority, gravitas, and the ability to build relationships whilst knowing who to engage and when. This leader will be well practiced in partnering with a variety of key stakeholders, identifying who they need to meet and engage from the outset. They are sensitive to cultural diversity and a master of influencing, ensuring everyone is aligned on clear goals and objectives.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree or relevant qualifications/experience
- 10+ years’ experience within a tourism sector/or similar with experience in operations and/or marketing
- Proven leadership skills with ability to manage leaders
- Exceptional understanding of cultural diversity and inclusion
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
- Be part of a senior team delivering operational excellence.
About The Benefits
You will find a competitive salary, bonus and robust benefits package, free entry to all our Merlin attractions worldwide - which also extend to family and friends, and much more. Best of all, you get the chance to work with one of the most engaged and motivated teams on the planet.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 130 attractions, eight hotels and 3 holiday villages in 25 countries across 4 continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
For more information on the role or to view a complete Job Description, please email Erica Page at email@example.com